Eden Arts Seeks a Marketing and Communications Person
Eden Arts seek a Marketing and Communications Officer (person!!) to join our creative team.
Primarily we are looking for someone who is into communicating, is creative, likes social media, likes language and imagery. You may not be into 'by the book' marketing or even have had much experience of it, that's fine neither are we, we don't sell stuff we do things and encourage imagination. It's all about sharing our passion, having fun, wanting to change the world, having an eye for creativity - and even taking risks.
If you are confident, enthusiastic and love talking about art and culture, and particularly the impact that it has on the world, about change, about inclusion, about everything that is wrong (and right), then this could be the exciting new role for you.
Join our close-knit team of creatives in this key role to develop the brand and communication channels of Eden Arts.
Eden Arts is a combined arts organisation based in the landscape-rich county of Cumbria. Over the last 30 years, the company has made work across artforms and conceptual styles – from festivals with tens of thousands of attendees, to visual art exhibitions, outdoor cinema and intimate film projects. The company is an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation and has a strong funding base that supports our creative ambitions.
Our current projects include new and significant regional developments such as the #66, a region-wide cultural programme directed at talent development, opening a new cultural centre in Carlisle, as well as keeping existing projects moving forward.
Key priorities of the Marketing and Communications PERSON role:
- Ensure as much of the world as possible knows about Eden Arts and what it does. Maintain and grow new audiences. Reach under-represented audiences.
- Contribute and generate creative PR, marketing and communications ideas.
- Create and deliver marketing and engagement strategies for all Eden Arts projects and be across all Eden Arts’ social media channels telling our story.
- Oversee Eden Arts’ digital communications (including various social media platforms and websites), ensuring that the activity supports objectives and maintains a consistent tone of voice, in line with our 'brand'.
- Oversee all marketing and communications for Eden Arts.
- Create an organised marketing and communications plan; work to this and ensure objectives and deadlines are met.
- Advise on existing and new communications channels and technologies as they emerge.
- Foster, advocate, network and maintain excellent partnerships with national, regional and local media, project partners and stakeholders such as local government, arts organisations, businesses, artists, strategic organisations, volunteers etc.
- Present Eden Arts’ work at conferences, meetings, in the press etc.
- Maintain databases of participants and audiences and communicate with them regularly, i.e. Mailchimp.
- Work out the best possible ways to reach the right audiences and gain real engagement with our projects.
- Oversee a small budget and provide accurate reports for our board.
This is a full-time, office-based role.
Please submit a cover letter, detailing how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with your CV detailing your employment history, education, qualifications and training. Along with these, also please complete and send the Equal Opportunities form, to email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight Sunday 28 November 2021
We are committed to equality, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in relation to culture, ethnicity, race, age, sex, gender identity and expression, national origin, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, educational background, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation and beliefs.
We are especially interested in working with people from underrepresented backgrounds including people from Black, Brown, Asian (South, East, Middle East), LGBTQIA, and disabled communities.
For an informal chat with the Director, Adrian Lochhead about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org who will set up a mutually convenient time.